Flying Panda Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Guys I have a confession to make
by UVT Tue May 17, 2016 11:11 pm

» R I P
by Suzuka Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:53 pm

» I'm a deadfish (/.\)
by Alyss Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:06 am

» Just Be Friends Chorus
by Suzuka Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:34 pm

[7/19/15] FLYING PANDA ANNIVERSARY JAMBOREE

Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:13 am by laticat

The Jamboree has officially started! It will run for two weeks, from July 19th to August 1st. We have a wide variety of games, contests, and raffles slated, and the calendar is chock full of events! Please check it out and bring your friends. You may earn some pretty prizes!

Comments: 0

[7/5/15] ANNIVERSARY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:04 pm by laticat

With the third anniversary closing in quickly, you should be aware of several changes! A new banner is in production, and will be implemented sometime this week. Also, Donut Hole (now closed), will be released on the 17th! Get hyped and spread the word!

Comments: 0

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

im here and im (probably) the token queer hey

4 posters

Go down

im here and im (probably) the token queer hey Empty im here and im (probably) the token queer hey

Post  exousiai Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:58 pm

hi i'm ciro and what the heck are you talking about what is this "lapis coronet" no person calling herself "lapis" ever existed what the heck are you on and can you hook me up with some

i'm 19 and my gender is non-binary. they/them pronouns are what you should be using to refer to me. i'm a self-styled illustrator trying to apply for art school. technically accepted but i put it off for a while to build a better portfolio and thus wring as much money as i can out of them. i like to sing but hate my voice because voice dysphoria is terrible.

hobbies include generic internet-frequenting recluse hobbies with the addition of interest in the occult. i like a lot of media things but i don't really associate with fandoms. not going to bother listing them because it'd be too long.

probably gonna either be a non-contributor or artist because voice dysphoria is a horrible horrible curse to have. might be in a chorus once in a blue moon.

also i cuss a lot. this self-intro was really hard to type without dropping an expletive every 5 words lmao
exousiai
exousiai
Newbie~
Newbie~

http://exousiart.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

im here and im (probably) the token queer hey Empty Re: im here and im (probably) the token queer hey

Post  Suzuka Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:08 am

Hey welcome! I think, I mean, if no Lapis has ever existed, then I suppose you are definitely a new person and I have never, ever, met you in my entire life. That being the case, welcome to our site!

But anyways, we need all the artists we can get, so if you can find the time to pitch in every once in a while, that would be really cool! We're always looking forward to seeing the art-stuff people make.

All the gross-introductory stuff aside, welcome back! Oh, and we'll be making an over +17 lounge thing soon, so you'll be able to curse all ya'd like there.

((Also, if I accidentally mess up your pronouns please just let me know and I'll try to not do it again. I tend to be a little forgetful sometimes, but I'll do my best to remember!!))
Suzuka
Suzuka
Tis I, The Frenchiest Fry
Tis I, The Frenchiest Fry

http://www.gr0dytothemax.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

im here and im (probably) the token queer hey Empty Re: im here and im (probably) the token queer hey

Post  laticat Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:18 am

Hey Ciro, welcome (back?) to the forum!!

Hey cool, art nerds unite! I'm a bit younger than you, but I'm aiming to go to art school, too! SCAD, to be more precise. Where are you headed? I think it's super cool that you're self-taught, and I look forward to seeing some of your stuff~!

We're totally cool with everyone here! I really hope you feel at home, and we'll do our best to support you in any way you need! But please, if I ever get your pronouns wrong, please squirt me with a spray bottle and remind me again. I tend to forget things sometimes, but I'll do my best!
laticat
laticat
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

http://Laticat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  exousiai Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:36 am

@suzuka: yup i am an entirely new person never been here before hi thank you for welcoming this huge gay newbie

i could probably contribute art fairly frequently, at least until i become a ~real~ art major. after that, we'll see what my schedule looks like. probably like hell lmao

aw sweet i can finally be the foul-mouthed piece of trash i truly am

@laticat: after all this time

haha i remember when i tried to apply for scad but then realized i didn't like putting myself in the south. those lgbtphobes, yo. i'm "technically" accepted to otis, and also applying to lcad for the better atmosphere. did you know that lcad is practically on the beach? both are decent schools but i will miss the glorious asian food hell that is my current location. btw, i'm not actually self-taught self-taught. i didn't take any formal classes up until the tail end of 9th grade, and once i did it was a class format where the teacher taught you basic concepts and then left you to fend for yourselves. so like, formal training but also not really, you know?

i'm thinking of just sticking my pronouns in my signature so that it's almost impossible to accidentally forget it lmao
smoke out the transphobes early
exousiai
exousiai
Newbie~
Newbie~

Back to top Go down

Post  laticat Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:03 am

Haha I see, I can totally understand that! I actually live in Texas, so there isn't much farther south I can go :'D I think Savannah is supposed to be quite liberal though, probably because of the school, but hey I'm sure it can't be any worse than where I live now! But I haven't heard of the other schools you mentioned. I've heard of SAIC (or something like that) in Chicago, and RISD in Rhode Island.

Oooh I see, I see! I guess that describes me, too. I've pretty much taught myself everything I know about digital art and drawing people or animals. I guess art classes (which I've been taking in school my whole life I guess?) were supposed to teach me things like colour theory and lighting, but somehow I managed to miss all of that and now I'm going on a bit of an art odyssey right now, just learning all of these things I was supposed to have learned earlier. It's a bit overwhelming!

Haha well, I definitely don't have an excuse now! ;P But hey, if anyone is rude to you in any way, just let us admins know and we'll step in if we need to! There's no place for meanness here c:
laticat
laticat
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  exousiai Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:16 am

i have some acquaintances that went there, but i'm not sure i want to risk it. besides, california is pretty much the stereotypical lgbt-friendly state so

otis is pretty famous in california and lcad is kinda famous in ca, mostly for their game design program. i was considering risd but also considered not freezing my * donkey making donkey noises * off.

anatomy was the one thing i got the most formal education in. really worth it imo. nothing quite like drawing a bare titty to figure out how they work. i've (mostly) properly absorbed everything i was supposed to learn early on so that's made my life a lot easier. i know like next to nothing about digital art though since the disconnect between the screen and a tablet has been really rough on me.

i'll keep that in mind in the off chance my sick burns can't handle things on their own :y though it'd be best if nobody is an * donkey making donkey noises * about it at all.
exousiai
exousiai
Newbie~
Newbie~

Back to top Go down

Post  Shea Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:25 am

Hello Ciro, and welcome back! And no worries you aren't the only genderqueer nerd here, and I will fite anyone who ever somehow makes you uncomfortable, but anyhow im really glad to see you back ommmmg
Shea
Shea
Hymmnos Novice
Hymmnos Novice

http://probablyahomestuck.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  exousiai Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:38 am

is that a love live avi

nice

thanks for the welcome
i don't remember who you are though sorry :u
exousiai
exousiai
Newbie~
Newbie~

Back to top Go down

Post  laticat Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:46 pm

oh goodness I'm so sorry I took so long to reply to you!! school is beating me over the head haha;;

California does seem pretty cool!! I was thinking of going to Berkley since I heard they have a good art program and my favourite artist went there LMAO but California is super expensive, so even if I had the grades I don't think I could make it :')

I'll be taking an anatomy class next year! Though it's more of a science class than an art class. But I think we have to memorize muscle groups and bones, so I'm sure it'll still help quite a bit! I just hope I don't have to dissect a cat;;; But yeah, digital art is pretty hard! It's taken me somewhere around three years to get where I am now, and before then it was just painful because nothing turned out right. I find that Paint Tool SAI and its stabilizer tool really helps to ease the transition!

Yeah, very true. Though I think we won't have too much of a problem with that here! So far, most people have been very nice. u v u
laticat
laticat
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum