Flying Panda Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Guys I have a confession to make
by UVT Tue May 17, 2016 11:11 pm

» R I P
by Suzuka Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:53 pm

» I'm a deadfish (/.\)
by Alyss Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:06 am

» Just Be Friends Chorus
by Suzuka Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:34 pm

[7/19/15] FLYING PANDA ANNIVERSARY JAMBOREE

Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:13 am by laticat

The Jamboree has officially started! It will run for two weeks, from July 19th to August 1st. We have a wide variety of games, contests, and raffles slated, and the calendar is chock full of events! Please check it out and bring your friends. You may earn some pretty prizes!

Comments: 0

[7/5/15] ANNIVERSARY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:04 pm by laticat

With the third anniversary closing in quickly, you should be aware of several changes! A new banner is in production, and will be implemented sometime this week. Also, Donut Hole (now closed), will be released on the 17th! Get hyped and spread the word!

Comments: 0

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Uhm... I'm new~

4 posters

Go down

Uhm... I'm new~ Empty Uhm... I'm new~

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:40 am

Hey~ I'm new here~ Call me Lulu-chan or Cherie-chan :'3
My english is not the best.... I'm sorry... I'm from germany and my first language is german though silent
I found this website through ''Nico Nico Chorus - Matryoschka 200+''
I'm a shy person... I love Japan, japanese music, Anime, Manga, draw, sing, play RP I love you and play gamesss~
I love to sing and draw since I was a little child.

I whould like to illustrate and maybe sing~

Oh, and you should know.... I'm not very old *sighs*...

Your Lulu-chan :3

<EDIT> I've drawn my profilepicture by myself Razz And I have a DeviantArt account~

Back to top Go down

Uhm... I'm new~ Empty Re: Uhm... I'm new~

Post  Suzuka Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:41 am

Hello! I'm Suzuka, call mh Suzu though, and I bid thee welcome!

What anime's do you like? My favorites are Princess Tutu, Black Rock Shooter, Angelic Layer,Ouran High School Host Club, Hetalia, and Soul eater!

Oh! And plus we're setting up an RP thread soon as Admin decides to get on -.- *Waves hand* Anyway, I think Japan is freaking AWESOME! It's the only music I listen to, mainly cuz American Music is really dirty...

And you're older than I am....
Suzuka
Suzuka
Tis I, The Frenchiest Fry

http://www.gr0dytothemax.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tyfolino-nya Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Hey Lulu,
I'm Ty, and this is your official admin welcome. I find it funny how Europeans can speak English so well....but Americans suck at second-languages. Oh well.

I'm very happy to have you. Anyone of any age can be of use! Please let me know if you need anything.

-Ty
tyfolino-nya
tyfolino-nya
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:51 pm

Thank you ^-^

@Suzu
My favorites are Soul Eater, Black Rock Shooter and Avatar: The Legend of Korra.
A rp tread? Great Very Happy
Yes~I think Japan is the most awesome country in the world I love you
Me too xD I can't hear english music... The lyrics is always so.... ARRGGGHHHHHH... I think you know xD
Who's your favorite singer/band?
My favorite singer is Gackt I love you I love you and my favorite band is Yellow Fried Chickenz (but they broke up a few weeks ago Crying or Very sad )
And the age I posted here isn't my real age... ^^; I'm younger.... But everyone says I look and hear older than I am... And my behavior is more like 16 or 17 x'D

@ty
Yeah... I'm learning english since 4 years at school (But the most I learned here in the internet (or on the internet?! idk.... Sorry Dx)) xD And since 1 year russian (at school too xD). And if I'm lucky I'll learn Japanese from a cousin of my sisters friend xwx ^-^ Ok, I hope I can help in any way xDDD~~

Back to top Go down

Post  Suzuka Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:00 pm

My favorite singer(s) are MEGURINE LUKA, the queen of awesome, THE kagamine Siblings, Gakupo, Hatsune Miku, KAITO, actually, I like them all. ^.^ My favorite band is Queen, because they were before the nasty English music we have today.

And in all honestly I get mistaken for a 16 yr old all the time. ^.^ Me and my friends go to the mall after school some times (and you had to be 16 or older without parental guidance) And we also had school uniforms, (not in high shool they don't though) and we'd still pass for 16 yr olds.
Suzuka
Suzuka

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Nahhh~ My favorite Vocaloids are Gakupo I love you, Rin & Len, Luka (my friend said I sound a little bit like Luka), Miku, all Hagane Vocaloid and Kageito and Akaito~

Very Happy Very Happy the same happens to me and my friends when we go to the cinema xD (You have to be 16 to go into a film without parents (even if you're allowed to watch the film)) (I hope you understand it. I didn't know how I should say it xDD)

Back to top Go down

Post  Suzuka Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:36 pm

I understand! ^.^
Suzuka
Suzuka

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis Coronet Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Heyo there Cherie. I'm Lapis. Welcome to this particular microcosm of the internet.

I see that most people here seem to think that ALL american music is dirty and terrible, and that Japan can do no wrong. I would like to debate that.

Have any of you heard of a band called Steam Powered Giraffe? If not, I highly recommend you look up the music video for thrir song, "Honeybee." Additionally, search up One Direction, Paramore, and The Hush Sound. If you like electronic music, search up Cowrawl (a friend of mine), and for instrumental music, go to soselfimportant.tumblr.com and check out his music tag.

As for the notion that Japan can do no wrong, Japan is a ruthlessly capotalist nation. They look down on foreigners and the lower class, and tend to be quite elitist. Additionally, Japan hates China for almost no reason other than China fighting back during WW II. In fact, during WW II, American PoWs taken by the Japanese were often brutally mistreated and tortured. So, Japan has it's bad points as well, just like every other country.
Lapis Coronet
Lapis Coronet
Friend
Friend

http://far-off-light.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:46 am

Hey Lapis...
I NEVER said that ALL american music is dirty and I NEVER said that Japan can do no wrong...

I can't listen to most of the english music for longer than 60 minutes because:
1st I always translate the text in my language (german) in my head.... I cannot translate the text NOT... If I try it I get a headache...
2nd If I hear english music it's from the radio.... And they DON'T play the musicstyle I like, so I translate the lyrics to ignore the musicstyle...And there are really often very dirty lyrics.....

usually I listen to music on YouTube and that's japanese music, because I'm sick of all of these english songs... I KNOW, some of japanese bands/singer composed some english songs, but there are the lyrics very deep... And I love deep lyrics (a reason why I love japanese music: most of the songs got deep lyrics)
and I also know that some american/english songs have a deep lyrics too... But this songs aren't in the musicstyle I like....

And why should I search for hours to find a good american song if I can listen to japanese music I like?

Sorry, I get really enraged of those comments just because I don't like english music.... And sorry if it sounded like I hated all of the american songs....Actually I like some older english/american songs (like 74-75)....but I get really sick about the new songs....

Back to top Go down

Post  Suzuka Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:46 am

I agree Cherie-chan! Most of the English music I listen to is. Queen,The Beatles, and Muse. Now sadly, you are very rigt about English music, because for
1. Its mostly all about sex, drugs, rape, gangs, violence, etc.
2. Even when it's not, the lyrics are usually shallow, and I mean come on! Who wants to hear about how your boyfriend dumped you for another girl and now you sit I. Your room all day moping. What does that teach us?
We don't all HATE american music Lapis, we just really do t like what it stands for. And why would I waste my time (like cherie-chan said) on digging up good American music when I can listen to music that I tuly love and has infinite more meaning to me.
And also, Japan does have it's faults, but at least Japan isn't struggling so hard to keep other countries out of the know that they're in an economic depression. Because in Australia? They think everythings going handy dandy in America! (I know because when I went there i talked with Two families who had absolutely no idea what was going on in our country! They said that the President was making everything look fine.)
Suzuka
Suzuka

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis Coronet Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:56 pm

I think you guys are thinking of mainstream American music. :U In any case, is it really worth completely abandoning some really unique music just because you can't be bothered to deal with the mainstream stuff? I will admit, I dislike the mainstream American music industry as well. I also enjoy Japanese music. But you really can't just decide that "since the most popular songs are terrible that means it's not worth looking for the good songs." It's not like there aren't horribly obscene/shallow Japanese songs as well. And besides, in the right context, some of the more obscene songs can be absolutely hilarious(examples include LMFAO's entire discography put to gifs of your favorite characters partying and being drunk). And if you really can't be bothered to search, why not ask people for music suggestions? Just provide a guideline of what you like, and you're sure to get some good ones.

The phrase "Japan can do no wrong is a bit more of an exaggeration on my part. I've had to deflect extreme japanophiles before, so including that phrase is a bit of a bad habit. In any case, Japan has it's own unique set of problems, just like every other country. It also has it's advantages though(one of the best countries in technology industries). And so does America(really weird economy status and high obesity rates; landed rovers on Mars and generally considered an innovator). So really, no country is really overall better than another.

In Cherie's case, there's really not much one can do though. Language barriers get the better of anyone. Had I known that you translate all of the lyrics n your head, then... Eh.
Lapis Coronet
Lapis Coronet
Friend
Friend

http://far-off-light.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:36 pm

You didn't understand what we mean, right?

.....We listen to japanese music, because it's awesome and we don't like english music (this ''mainstream music'', how you called it). But we didn't said we never listen to english music.... We listen to the songs we know and like. And we also never said that no bad japanese songs does exist....(and about the japanese lyrics, sometimes they're dirty too (like Vanilla by Gackt or Mousou Girl by Yellow Fried Chickenz), but not every song is like this.... (like in this ''mainstream''' sh*#))....

You say we should search for good english music or ask someone.... Why should we do this if we don't want to listen to this music, because we already found good music for us?!....

About the things from: ''The phrase...'' to .''..better than another.''
We never talked about those things, did we?
But I have to say:
We never said Japan is the one and the only country that should exist or everyone should love Japan....

...yeah....

Back to top Go down

Post  Suzuka Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Madness of Duke Venomia - Gakupo.

Another example of a dirty Japanese song. ^.^

But Lulu-chan I couldnt have said it better myself honestly. And I would also like to add, that most people In America make fun of you for being who you are, for listening to music that you dont understand. (My parents for example, they make fun of me so much about it that it drove me to just stop trying
To talk to them about it)
They think that Amercian music Is the ultimum, I mean, why do you think our crime rates our so high? Why so many people do drugs? Because they are constantly hearing from English music that it's Allright to do that stuff. And yes, there are good english songs, and honestly I love Paramore, Muse, Chameleon Circuit, Some Green Day stuff. Well.. Green Day isn't exactly good, but at least American Idiot tells the truth. -.-
And Lulu is once again correct, we never said that Japan was supreme, we just happen to like it more than some other countries. I mean, I'm moving to England as soon as I get out of High School to Go to Cambrige, but it doesn't mean that I think England is perfect or supreme, but I do think it is a bit nicer than America.
Suzuka
Suzuka

Back to top Go down

Post  laticat Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Well this is a bit late, but I want to welcome everybody~ Welcome to the forum! I'm Latisuicune, but you can call me Lati! ^-^

not that you know that already right 'cause you're not psychic
laticat
laticat
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

http://Laticat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:34 pm

why I write this? because I'm fucking tired, bored, and can't sleep...

uhmmm well...this is lulu...I'm sooooo tired...it's like 4:30 am (!) here and I tried to sleep for about 5 hours...BUT I STILL DON'T SLEEP......I probably watched too many creepypasta videos...derp... uhm yeah... JUST DON'T ASK WHY I'M WRITING THIS..I'll random things... hehe..... idk what I should do...best thing: I have to get up at 10 am (actually I sleep till 1 pm...(I love autuumholidays~)) because I got to go by train to the next bigger city to take a bus to a litlle little village where my friend lives... her birthdayparty is today...meh...the light in my room is still on... lol..I'm soo paranoid.. why don't I listen to Paranoid Doll?! okay.. Yeah I forgot about my headphones.. they're broken and my other ones hurt my ears if I lay down my head lol... oh! did I tell ya that my stomach also almost killed me this night? xD yep.. mmy stomach hurted like meh and I felt so fucking sick hehe xD Okay now it sounds kinda selfish, doesn't it? xD
*looks through window*meh...still night...stomach! stop grumbling!*yawns**cuddles snailplushie*
damn...... I can't write kanji on my nintendo...okay..random facts are very random...
nee!nee! Did I tell ya, I have short hair now owo' and a little part of my hair is dyed blond/yellow!!! so awesome <3 oh..and I won't be online the whole December. (^-^'') okay..the first week I'm still at home but anyways. I'll visit my big sister in Abu Dhabi. It's far away from here (about 6 or 7 hours by plane), so my parents said we'll visit her for 3 weeks.
uhmm...things I can see: my nintendo, my bed with everything and meh, my snailplushie, a wall xD, my clock, my mp3player, my headphoes, my broken headphones... Young Samurai: The Way of the Dragon, Gakutoasdfg*cough* I mean; my YellowFriedChickenz Fan, Gackt/Yellow Fried Chickenz Photobook from 2011, Attack of the Yellow Fried Chickenz: Gackt in Europe 2010, uhm...my TV... the light xD yay can't write more....

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum